McAfee security products are something that everyone needs in order to protect their data and devices from getting infected by malicious content or the latest virus. McAfee is one of the trusted antivirus software that is used globally. There are many things that are protected by McAfee on your device, however; sometimes you have no other option but to uninstall the McAfee software in order to get the upgraded one on your device. In this article, you will get to know how to uninstall McAfee software on Windows 10 and Mac. The instructions are also included for removing the software using the McAfee Removal Tool.
You can uninstall the antivirus from mcafee.com/activate so that you can renew, whether you have McAfee Antivirus, McAfee LiveSafe, or McAfee Security Scan Plus. The point to remember, it is very much essential to have McAfee activate on your PC. However, if you wish to fight back those invasions from viruses and malware, you need to have the updated one on your device. So, it is very much important to download the latest one and delete the previous one.
How to uninstall McAfee activate from Windows 10?
- Select the “Control Panel” option from the Start menu. Tap on the “Programs and Features” option.
- Right-tap on the McAfee security and tap on the “Uninstall/Change” option.
- Choose the checkboxes that are next to the “McAfee security center”.
- After this tap on the “Remove all files” for this program.
- Tap on the “Remove” button to uninstall the app.
- Now, click on the “Restart Now” option to restart the computer.
- Once the computer restarts, McAfee activate software gets successfully uninstalled.
People Searched this Also: Avoid Online Shopping Scams this Christmas
How to uninstall McAfee on Mac?
Just close the browsers during the removal to ensure the McAfee browser plug-in is removed correctly from mcafee. After this, you can follow the steps that are given below:
- Find and open the “Applications” folder from the Dock.
- Just double-tap on the “McAfee Internet security Uninstaller” option.
- Tap on the “Continue” option.
- Just type the administrator password and tap on the “Ok” button.
- After this tap on the “Finish” option.
- Once the computer restarts, McAfee internet security has successfully uninstalled.
How to remove McAfee using the McAfee removal tool?
If you are unable to remove the McAfee activate the software via settings in the control panel, you can use the McAfee removal tool to perform the task:-
- You have to download the MCPR tool from mcafee.com/activate.
- Double-tap on the MCPR. exe once the download is completed.
- Tap on the “Yes, Continue” option.
- If a security warning appears, just tap on the “Run” option.
- The McAfee software removal tool will open.
- Just select the “Next” button on the McAfee software removal screen.
- Tap on the “Agree” option on the “End User License Agreement” page.
- After this, you have to enter the characters that are shown on the “Security validation” screen.
- Tap on the “Next” option and wait for the tool to remove the software.
- This might take a while to complete the process.
- Just select the “Restart” option and when you see the Removal complete, the message then it’s done.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article has given you enough insights for uninstalling the McAfee via Windows 10, Mac, and using the McAfee removal tool via mcafee.com/activate. However, if there are queries related to the topic then it is strongly suggested to visit the official McAfee activate website via mcafee.com/activate. On the website, you will get the stepwise instructions along with the guidelines for the topic, which will help you with professional assistance.