The memory management error is a part of the Blue Screen of Death error that occurs because of faulty software or problem in the internal memory of the system. Sometimes, this error may result because of a fault in your McAfee product. Due to this, the device on which you have deployed your McAfee product may start to behave inappropriately.
The error usually appears when you restart your system that has the faulty software. So, here are some methods to get rid of the issue of Memory Management error. If that doesn’t help, you need to uninstall your McAfee product and reinstall it again by visiting the official site i.e. mcafee.com/activate.
Run Windows Performance Diagnostic utility
Make sure you follow these steps systematically in order to run the Windows Performance Diagnostic utility. The steps for the same are mentioned below:
- Firstly, open the search bar of your Windows device.
- In the search bar, enter the keyword “Windows memory analytical” and hit the Enter key.
- After this, you need to select the option ‘restart right now and assess for issues (advocated)’.
- One should acknowledge that the device will restart as soon as you click on this option.
- Therefore, you are suggested to save the unsaved files, if there are any.
- Now, your device will restart and you have to wait for a couple of minutes until the process goes on.
If the above method fails to resolve the error, then you try to upgrade the drivers of your device. These are the steps to do so:
- Firstly, you should open your Windows device and click on the ‘Windows’ icon.
- From the menu, you need to click on the option of reading as ‘Device Manager’.
- When the ‘Device Manager’ menu opens, locate the yellow-colored exclamation mark.
- In case there are some entries with the exclamation mark, then you need to click on that.
- Further, choose the option of reading as an ‘Update driver’.
- Then, select the ‘Hunt mechanically for upgraded driver applications’ option.
- Now, you have to wait until the driver upgrades.
- Then, restart your PC and the error would be resolved.
Carefully perform the following steps in order to perform the disc check successfully:
- Click on the ‘Windows’ option in the system menu.
- In the search box, enter ‘cmd’ in it and hit the Enter key.
- This will command on your device.
- Click on this search result and then select the ‘Run’ option.
- Then, go to the next dialog box and enter the following command in it: “chkdsk /f /r”.
- Enter the password as ‘Y’ and hit the Enter key.
- Close the command prompt and restart your system.
Run System File Checker Scan
Follow the steps mentioned below carefully so that running the System File Checker Scan becomes easier for you:
- First of all, open the search bar of your Windows device.
- In the search bar, enter the following input: “SFC /scanning today”.
- As soon as you do so, Windows will run a scan and display the found problems.
- If there are any problems with your device, it will be displayed here.
- You can get rid of those issues one-by-one.
Scan your system for malware
When you attempt to scan your system for the presence of malware, then you should follow these steps very carefully:
- First, you need to open the Search bar of your device.
- In the search bar, enter the input ‘Security’ and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- After that, you need to click on one of the ‘Scan’ choices.
- Select the option reading as ‘Entire Scan’.
- Choose the ‘Scan’ button once again.
In case the above method fails, then you may try this last solution to get past this error. Follow the steps carefully to get rid of the error at the earliest:
- Click on the Windows icon on your PC.
- Then, open the search bar and locate the option reading as “Disk Cleanup”.
- Select this option to open it and go to the resulting screen.
- Select the things you wish to remove from the list and click ‘Okay’.
- Then, you need to choose ‘Delete Files’.
The unnecessary files that are causing the error on your device will be removed now and your device will start to run properly. In case you are still facing any difficulty, then head to the mcafee.com/activate website.