We all know that computer viruses are everywhere now, from file infections to the invasion of malware and Trojan infected files in your devices there is much more to talk about. These viruses can be hidden in the face of cute animal pictures, or funny videos of animals and babies, that you unintentionally click on and invite viruses into your devices. Not only this, such infectious files can be misunderstood as computer programs to boost the speed of your device. Luckily, to tackle all such issues we have antivirus software. The antivirus software builds a defensive fortress against the malware invasion so that your device and data are all safe. But have you ever wondered what is the best antivirus software for your device? Well, here in this article we will discuss the two of the most used and trusted antivirus software that is Webroot and McAfee. Both of them are the best antivirus software to protect your device but are you clear about which antivirus software is beneficial for you over the other. Let’s find out!
McAfee is well-structured security software that is curated by Intel securities. This software offers a range of computer security products for their verified customers and business entities. One of the most used applications for security is McAfee antivirus plus, which clearly offers protection against viruses and malware on multiple devices at the same time.
A brief introduction about Webroot
Webroot security software has been around since its establishment in 1997. It is a core product is known to be the Webroot secure anywhere that clearly offers multi-device protection and it is also distinguished as the lightest and the quickest antivirus products on the market.
McAfee antivirus Plus vs Webroot secureanywhere
Both of these programs have received very high scores from the independent reviews. Moreover, both of the antivirus software have similarities as well as their own pros and cons that we will discuss in this section. But for now, it is to be considered that McAfee only offers the guarantee of 30 days whereas you get the guarantee of 70 days with Webroot as free trials. Both the programs are very much similar in ways they offer you the protection levels of the multiple devices and more. Let us discuss the pros and cons of both:
- Well-established antivirus with a good reputation in the market.
- Very good protection firewall against phishing websites.
- You get plenty of independent lab scores with excellent results.
- It takes an ample amount of storage space and your device runs slow.
- This software seems to be less consistent on some of the operating systems.
- The updates can feel intrusive and slow down your PC performance.
- It is very fast and lightweight software and requires very little space.
- It is the user-friendly central interface to manage different connected devices at the same point.
- The software is excellent protection against malware and it is able to decrypt ransomware.
- It has a limited number of independent lab tests.
- The company is younger than McAfee.
- It is less effective at detecting phishing websites.
It is seen that McAfee and Webroot are both well-established antivirus software for protecting your device from phishing websites and malware attacks. If you choose either of this antivirus software, you are making a great choice. However, some of the differences make Webroot slightly high on the edge. However, McAfee too has its own pros such as cost-effective, trusted, easy to use, and much more. ( official link https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/resources/webroot-vs-mcafee )