McAfee SiteAdvisor or McAfee WebAdvisor is a service offered by McAfee for its users which allows you to steer clear of phishy websites and avoid dangers associated with such sites. In case you ever try to access one of the harmful websites, it adds this website to its blacklist and bars you from using it. Some McAfee products come pre-equipped with SiteAdvisor in them. However, some of them may not have it pre-equipped. In that scenario, you need to download and install it manually by navigating to mcafee.com/activate.
All the modern device users must deploy McAfee SiteAdvisorfor surfing the web without any hassle. This allows you to bypass any malicious website and warn you about the same. However, at times, the SiteAdvisor might add some important sites to its blacklist falsely which is not considered helpful by some users. But, there are options to remove the websites from the blacklist so that you can access it.
Now, we will shed some light on how you can use or download and install McAfee SiteAdvisor on your device if it is already not there. The activation can be easily done by navigating to mcafee.com/activate from your device.
Easy instructions to download and install McAfee SiteAdvisor
Follow the easy guidelines given below to deploy the SiteAdvisor on your device so that you can navigate to any website without having to worry about falling prey to any scam:
- First of all, you need to download McAfee SiteAdvisor.
- For this, use a web browser to navigate to https://siteadvisor.com.
- You may use any web browser for navigating to this site.
- After that, click on the ‘Free Download’ option to start downloading the setup file.
- Next up, you need to open the setup file.
- Then, click on the ‘Save’ option
- You need to select a location where you would like to save it.
- When prompted, you need to select an option to allow the file to download.
- To install the setup program, open it, and follow some prompts.
- Now, when you reopen your browser you will be prompted to select ‘McAfee Secure Search’ as your default search system.
Once you start to use SiteAdvisor, you will be able to access different websites on the Internet without having to worry if they are malicious or not.
Important- you must note that the McAfee SiteAdvisor is supported only on the following operating system:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows 8 and 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 7
On which web browsers you can use McAfee SiteAdvisor?
The following web browsers support McAfee SiteAdvisor:
- You can easily use it on Google Chrome.
- One can use it on Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.x or later.
- Apart from this, you may use it on Microsoft Edge.
- Mozilla Firefox also supports the latest version of McAfee SiteAdvisor.
Once you successfully download it on your device, its settings will be applied to the default web browser you are using.