The McAfee Identity theft protection is a standalone product that comes with standard, Plus or premium versions to protect the devices and the data by offering complete security. There are many users who are already using McAfee security products or there are users who are eligible for free access to it. Here in this article, we will discuss more the essentials that are associated with McAfee’s identity theft protection. Remember, if your software is deactivated you can enroll or register for McAfee identity protection software again, all you need to do is go through each step that is given in this article.
What are the steps to register for McAfee identity theft protection?
Here are the steps that will help you with the McAfee software sign up:
- First of all, you have to open the software.
- Follow the prompts to start the enrollment or the registration process.
- Just check the email for a message that comes with the subject “Activate your mcafee Identity theft protection!’
- You have to open the email and tap on the “Activate Now” option.
- Now, type the details on the screen.
- Tap on the “Create account” option.
- Congratulations you have now successfully completed the McAfee protection sign-up process.
Read Also: How To Fix “McAfee Activate Page Not Working” Issue
What are some of the problems that occur with the McAfee software?
When you access the McAfee Identity theft protection software there are certain error or issues that might occur while accessing the McAfee antivirus via the web browsers given below:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, 10
- Mozilla Firefox 56, or later
- Google Chrome 63, or later
- Apple Safari 11 (Mac and iOS)
Point to remember: If your McAfee identity theft protection is deactivated, you have to delete the existing software and download the software again.
How to fix up the issues when your McAfee antivirus is deactivated?
Remember, these messages can pop-up on the screen when you tap on the “Identity theft protection” that is not linked with the Identity Theft Protection subscription. You encounter one of the troubleshooting solutions when you encounter the issues in the McAfee software account:
- Setup the McAfee identity theft protection with the subscription on one PC.
- You have clicked on the antivirus icon that shows the McAfee internet security is running on a different PC.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
By the end of this topic, we hope that the steps we have just discussed in this article will help you with the McAfee identity theft protection setup process without any interruptions. Make sure you follow each step carefully in order. However, if you are stuck with these steps then we recommend you to visit the official McAfee website and get assistance.