In case you have recently purchased McAfee security software online or from the store, but you have not been provided with the CD with it. Or, you have the CD but your device does not have a CD drive to insert the CD that you have received. In that case, you do not need to worry as we have a solution for you that will allow you to install and activate your McAfee subscription on your device be it Windows or Mac. Yes, you read that right. You can either install your software by navigating to mcafee.com/activate or home.mcafee.com.
Your McAfee Security products including McAfee LiveSafe or McAfee Total Protection can be easily downloaded and installed online in case you don’t have a CD. However, prior to beginning the deployment process, you must keep in mind that your device is meeting the minimum system requirements.
But, prior to beginning the process, you must understand that you have registered for the product. And, for the registration purpose, you must create an account at www.mcafee.com/activate.
Lets us now begin with the installation
Before you begin with the installation process, you need to download and run McAfee’s software installation tool. This tool makes it easy for the installation process to take place. So, here is how the process goes:
Steps 1- download McAfee Software Install tool
- Navigate to the official website of McAfee i.e. mcafee.com/activate
- Here, you need to look for the McAfee Software Install tool.
- After finding it out, you need to download and run the software.
- Once you try to launch the software, you have to provide the McAfee login details.
- After you enter your login credentials, hit the ‘Login’ button.
- In case you have forgotten your password, select the ‘Forgot Password?’ option.
- After that, click on the ‘Start’ option and then accept the ‘License agreement’.
- As soon as you do so, you need to follow some more prompts.
- Wait for about 15 minutes to complete the installation.
- As soon as the software downloads successfully on your device, your issue will be resolved.
Now, you just need to begin with the downloading process just like you usually do without a CD.
Steps 2- download & install your McAfee product
- Go to mcafee.com/activate
- Here, you need to take your mouse on ‘My Account’.
- From the drop-down, select ‘Subscriptions’.
- On the next page, select ‘Add Device’ present next to your product.
- Then, you need to choose your device type.
- Further, hit the ‘Download’ button.
- For the installation, click on the downloaded product.
- Again, click ‘Download’ to initiate the installation.
Now, that you have downloaded the software on your device, it is time to activate it and the activation method is given right below.
Step 3- McAfee software activation
- From your web browser, go to mcafee.com/activate
- Next up, select your country and language.
- Now, enter the activation code from your retail card.
- Then, type your email address and click ‘Submit’.
- Check and confirm that your email address is correct.
- In case it is not, click ‘Edit’.
- If it is correct, click ‘Verify’.
- With that, your subscription will be activated.
This is how you can install McAfee products without the CD. Hopefully, this article has given you enough insights on the same. For more such informative posts, you can read other articles on our website.