If you are using a Windows device and you have installed McAfee antivirus on your device, then you might face some problems with it. This is because Windows PC is pre-equipped with a security solution on it which is known as Windows Defender. If you install the same kind of program on your device, then these programs might start conflicting with each other causing different issues such as blocking legitimate programs, and so on. Therefore, despite installing and reinstalling McAfee antivirus via mcafee.com/activate, what you can do is disable the software for the time being.
So, in this post, we shall be discussing the easiest yet most applicable method to disable or turn off McAfee antivirus temporarily on your Windows PC. However, once you are done with completing other tasks on your device, then you are suggested to enable the antivirus protection once again. Doing so will ensure that your device is always protected by an effective security program. Moving on, let us now proceed ahead with the steps to complete this process.
Steps to disable McAfee
Note: You can also set the time for mcafee.com/activate to resume its work at the mentioned time.
- Locate the McAfee icon on your device and click on that icon
- If McAfee is not available on your desktop, then find it in the control panel
- After this, you need to click on the navigation link at the top
- This shall take you to the Navigation Center
- Here, you have to tap on the “Real-Time Scanning” option
- Now, click on the “turn-off” option
- Click on the “When Do You Want to Resume Real-Time Scanning” drop-down
- Further, select the resume time from the menu
- In the end, click on the “Turn-off” option once again
- When you see the warning message on your screen, click “Done”
After this, you can exit the control panel and complete your pending tasks which were earlier restricted by McAfee. From the resume drop-down, you can also select the “Never” option. But, in that case, you need to enable the virus protection manually by navigating to the same menu.
In case you want, you can also uninstall McAfee and then reinstall it on your device by navigating to mcafee.com/activate. Installing the latest version of the product will ensure that your device is always under McAfee’s observation. If disabling the antivirus does not help fix the issue you are facing, then only you should go ahead with the program un-installation. If you do not have your McAfee activate product key, then it is recommended not to uninstall McAfee programs from your device.